An explosive opportunity for growth, which can give you mind-boggling results, the Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) is not something to be taken lightly. Mistakes and potential growth stoppers are sometimes obvious, and at other times quite unpredictable. Luckily, however, we’ve come up with a list of 5 common MLM mistakes to keep an eye on. If you’re not making a fortune with regards to this business, you’re probably making at least one of these nasty little roadblocks.
- Relying on template websites – Having a webpage is no longer a thing of luxury and ambition, but rather a necessity if you want to be taken seriously, especially when it comes to the business of Multi-Level Marketing. There’s a reason for the “if you’re not on Google, you do not exist” saying – while having social media pages certainly is beneficial, no one takes a company without a proper website seriously. However, a plethora of template web pages out there is making it very difficult for businesses and firms to stand out. This is a major mistake when it comes to Multi-Level Marketing – if you are doing this, you are doing that which the majority of networks are doing. Instead of opting for this easy way out of internet drag, perhaps learn how to make your own website, or at least outsource.
- Being a conformist – Instead of following the herd, try doing your own thing. This is not to say, however, that you should remain oblivious to what your peers are up to. On the contrary, you should find out and keep track of what your competition is up to and do the exact opposite. If this doesn’t bring legitimate success before you, you’ll get to stand out from the bunch, at the very least – and this is something you should definitely strive for, regardless of whether you’re in the Multi-Level Marketing business or any other type of business out there.
- Choosing all the wrong business partners – Finding a person that fits you completely as a professional is just as difficult as it sounds, especially when your business is still in bloom. A perfect way out of this is to take heed of all the advice your mentor gives you. The ability to target all the right people is taught, not something one is born with. Instead of working harder, do your best to work smarter,
- Do not ebb away from training – When you hear stories about the rock stars of the business world, you never get the insight into their full professional stories (unless they’re your mentor). Instead, you’ll probably hear about how they’ve made it all by themselves, relying on the blessing of their natural-born instinct and talent. What they’ll almost always fail to mention, however, is the fact that they’ve all gone through a form of a training – whether it’s an online course or a trial by fire. The best way to avoid common, yet potentially tragic mistakes is by opting for network marketing training. Even though learning from mistakes by letting your first business crash and burn might be the best way to get to know how things are done, learning from professionals is definitely a steadier and better way to go.
- Disregarding the follow-up – Most network marketers out there don’t follow up more than 3 or 4 times, and sometimes, even this is an exaggeration. At the first sight of resistance, they choose to give up, rather than fight through the troubles by doing follow-ups. While this is not necessarily a disastrous mistake, it can turn out to be quite an expensive one. What most network marketers are unaware of, is the fact that follow-ups can double your sales, if done properly.
These are just 5 of the myriad of common Multi-Level Marketing business mistakes out there. In order to avoid most of them, you need to focus, listen to useful advice and pay attention to what your peers are doing.